To help support PPHelper jailbreak, Cydia Eraser has been updated. You may remember this as being called Cydia Impactor but Saurik has made a few changes. Cydia Impactor is now a completely different tool and Cydia Eraser takes over. Because PPHelper is a semi-untethered jailbreak, you have to reinstall it whenever you reboot your device; some issues may require you to restore and that means losing your jailbreak. This is where Cydia Eraser comes in .
Image : Delete PPHelper Jailbreak
Features of Cydia Eraser :
This is one of the most important tools for any jailbreaker to download because:
- No need to use iTunes to go back to a stock iOS
- Restore your device to the iOS version you were on when you installed the jailbreak, allowing you to reinstall the jailbreak afresh in the event of problems
- Ideal for if you ever need to take your iPhone or iPad into an Apple repair shop – they will never know that you had a jailbreak and you can reinstall it when your device is fixed
- Useful for when you want to sell you iOS device
- Cydia eraser will work on all jailbroken iPhones, iPads and iPod Touches directly , you do not need to connect it to a computer first
One word of note, before you use Cydia Eraser, you must backup your data first. Cydia eraser does exactly what tit says , it will remove everything including all your settings and data
How to Use Cydia Eraser :
If you need to restore your iOS device for any reason, you would normally turn to iTunes but this will restore your device to the latest version of the firmware. This means that, not only do you lose the jailbreak, you lose the ability to reinstall it. With Cydia Eraser, you can restore your device back to the iOS version you were on when you installed PPHelper, giving you the choice of whether to reinstall the jailbreak or not.
Here are the steps on how to use Cydia Eraser :
- Backup the data on your iOS device using items and iCloud
- Ensure that your device is connected to a power outlet and that you have a minimum of 20% battery life
- Open Cydia and install Cydia Eraser [ext link]
- Now you can run Cydia Eraser on your device .
- Launch it and tap on the option for Delete all Data and Unjailbreak Device
- Tap on Delete All and wait for the process to unjailbreak your device to begin . Be patient as this can take a while and do not touch anything on your device
- When the process is complete, your device will reboot to the Hello screen
Don’t forget; you can use Cydia Eraser to delete your jailbreak entirely, whether you have the intentions of reinstalling it or just want to go back to the stock iOS without having to update to a newer iOS version.