The latest jailbreak is called PPHelper and it was released jointly by PP Assistant and Pangu jailbreak teams. Don’t rush to download it though unless you have a 64 bit iOS device because it will not work on any of the existing 32 bit devices. Also, you need to know up front that it is a semi-untethered jailbreak and that means having to reactivate it every time you reboot your device. To make life easier for you though, a new tool has been released by Luca Todesco that will reactivate PPHelper automatically for you and you can find the instructions on how to use it at the given link. First though, let’s look at how to install PPHelper.
Image : How to Use PPHelper
Before you Jailbreak :
Before installing PPHelper jailbreak on your device you should do the following things to make sure the jailbreak runs smoothly.
- Update iTunes if you have not already done so
- Back up the data on your device using iCloud and iTunes
- Disable these services on your device [ passcode, Touch ID, and Find my iPhone | iPad ]. These can be enabled again afterwards
How to Install PPHelper Jailbreak :
- Download PPHelper jailbreak on your PC
- Connect your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch to your computer
- Right click the PPHelper icon on your desktop and select Run as Administrator to install the jailbreak onto your computer
- Wait for PPHelper to recognize your iOS device
- Click on the Jailbreak button on your screen
- Type in the Captcha code if you are asked to
- Wait for PPHelper to prepared for the jailbreak
- When the preparation has been done, you need to allow permission for a profile to be installed on your device , Do Not ignore this step otherwise the jailbreak will not be installed
- Open Settings > Security > Profile on your iOS device and find PPHelper , click on Trust
- Tap the PPHelper icon on your home screen and allow Push Notifications
- Make sure you uncheck the box beside Install PP Assistant
- Click on the Jailbreak button
- Lock your device screen , a Pangu notification will show up on it
- Ignore the Storage is Full message
- When the jailbreak is complete, your device will reboot
- To check all was installed properly, tap on PPHelper on your home screen[ if it hasn’t worked you will need to run through these steps again ].